Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trip to Kanchipuram.


It was a cool Wednesday morning when i started out early , leaving the house with my cousins on a trip to Kanchipuram. We four of us.. me , my two cousins and a cousin's friend set out on two cramped TVS Victor's on a 150 Kilometer trip which was fantasized to let dreams come back true. It was around 6 AM, when we actually started our campaign.. soon after starting the trip i realized that my cousins friend was just a poser and not fit to be ridden along. With a sad smile on the face me and my cousin started off zipping past him towards the highway. We rode some few hundred yards past that guy only to see that the guy's bike tyre pressure is too low and needed to be filled with air and again we had to wait for a while to see that guy coming out to our reach on the lonely stretch. Battling the anger, we let the duo past us and we had to go in a snails pace behind them.

After breaking into the golden quadrilateral, my freaking victor was happy to break free in the 80's and 90's. We soon reached the toll plaza only to find that the other two are far far behind us. So me and my cousin took a break near the toll plaza and the needle struck past 6 45 AM. It was harsh reality that we had to wait til 7 10 to meet those guys again who gave a lame reason of filling in air again!! And then we started the ride again and the other 30 odd kilometers went in a jiffy. Around 8 AM we entered the town and as planned we finished the devotional part and came back to my granny's house - had a nice cup of coffee. Spent some more time with my relatives out there and again started back to Chennai around 10 AM.

The way back was better as bike had run in properly after a break of about 3 months without starting it. The sun was beating us with all guns and soon we had to rest for a little thirst break. We emptied 10 tender coconuts and set our way back to our home. In no time we entered the city outskirts and finally managed to sneak into the house around noon.

Pic near Toll plaza :
Pic near Toll plaza

.CO.NR Free Domain





No comments: